Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The God Of One More Chance"s"

     The other day, I received a copy of Kerygma Magazine February 2010 issue. I loved the topic: it's all about love. I read almost everything last night. One topic hit me hard: virginity. In it two kinds of virginity were discussed: physical virginity and spiritual virginity. Of course, with the former I am no longer one in the true sense of the word. With the latter I am on my way.

     Bro. Bo's discussion about physical virginity is quite simple and easy. Yes, I know it would take all of one's effort to stay a virgin before the sacrament of matrimony is worked out. I admit I failed in this area due to goals unclearly defined and values weakly fought for. I envy Bro. Bo and his wife for staying virgins up until they became married; not because they are pure but because they are able to spare themselves from pain, guilt, sin,regrets and wasted time of unhappiness. I believe God is the God of second chances. However, no matter how forgiven I am, I could not return back the wasted time I had thrown away, I could not make my body much healthier again after the negative emotions have taken its toll on me. We all know most diseases sprang from negative emotions harbored. I may have moved on but I could not run away from the memories that marred my painful past.



    I am just grateful for God is a God of one more chances. After I fail, He lovingly says, "I am giving you one more chance." Then I failed again. Then another chance. And another. And Another. And another. Until I reach to the point where I seek spiritual virginity. This spiritual virginity is what keeps me whole again and perfect again. It makes me as worthy a person as all the other virgins. It makes me start all over again with God's many chances. Even if God gives me as many a chance as I want; yet staying true to God even for the next chance I first failed is big enough for someone as sinful as I am. And I believe holding onto Him til the end, I would one day perfect that spiritual virginity.               

No comments:

Post a Comment