Monday, March 29, 2010

The Nakedness Of Man







Genesis 3:9-10
"God called the man saying to him, "Where are you?" He said, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked, so I hid."

     It is when we see the glory of God do we realize our nakedness. I used to be self-righteous, perhaps still a little until now. I kept on comparing myself with others. Having sized the spiritual capacity of a person as how he appears to be, I would almost always conclude, I am much better than such person.

     God most often allow me to stay in this folly. When it is time for me to wake up, He allows me to bang my head with the painful but true reality. This happens when I come face to face with Him. In front of Him, I naturally and unconsciously melt in His mighty presence. It is then I fully realize how fool I am for thinking highly of myself, when in fact I am nothing in God's presence. In His presence do my sinfulness show, thereby making myself ashamed to face Him.

     I may dislike these moments for the discomfort it brings, but it is the only way that I feel how greatly I am being loved by my Maker; the moments that remind me of who I really am and where did I come from; the moments of pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment